Thursday, February 01, 2007

Downside to the Falls



Go to Niagara Falls anytime you have the opportunity. However, to practice "truth in advertising" there are some downside's to visiting Niagara Falls the last week of January...

1) There is a great place you can take hot air balloon rides...not in the winter as they are closed. [editorial comment: Okay, I can understand this]

2) There is a cool aquarium to see, sea life...no wait it closes at 4 PM... [editorial comment: what on earth, do the fish have some place to go in evening?]

3) Oh! They have helicopter rides though...no wait...not this time of your. [editorial comment: Maybe, I can give them this one too but man it would be way cool to do right now]

4) Here also, is an aerospace museum...as long as you're out of there by 4 PM because that's when they close. [editorial comment: Give me a break...it's a museum...the pieces just sit inside the building...I guess they just want the old retired folk that drive only during the daytime to see the old retired air craft]

There is more action on the Canadian side but still...I think they would shut off the falls themselves in the winter if they could [editorial comment: man-kind can shut down stores / museums / and fish tanks but no one can shut down God's power and glory!]

The upside...you basically have the falls to yourself (just you and God's awesome creation) and you don't have to fight the thousands of other tourists that would be here in the summer time.

6 comments:

MeteoMatt said...

Addition:
5) The Maid of the Mist boat ride is not operating... At least I'm assuming they don't replace it with an ice-breaker in the winter.

Hayden405 said...

Yes, Meteo...thanks for pointing that out ;-P The Maid of the Mist boat ride and the Maid of the Mist Gift shop is also closed.

G - I'm glad you liked it!

Gretchen said...

I always feel like that about things that close so early. I think they are trying to create demand by creating scarcity! It has nothing to do with the fish needing sleep, but everything to do with economics!

Dana said...

Jason,
Thank you for my post card. I love the waterfall and God is wonderful!

Connor

Petey said...

6. Barrel rides over the falls. Closed for "safety" reasons. OSHA is still looking into it.

Sarah said...

Jason, your sarcasm cracks me up. It is too bad you couldn't experience any of the "touristy" things, but just the pictures you took would be enough for me. They are gorgeous! I have never been to Niagra though, so I am easier to impress. :-)