Wednesday, January 31, 2007

More on Niagara Falls



I don't want to "Niagara-Falls-you-out" but these two pictures I took last night after my arrival. I know they're not the greatest but at least I took them. What the pictures do not show is how cold it is once you get down there closer to the falls and the huge raging water sound from the rapids and falls themselves. Way neat! God is great in every way...My cab driver said that an ice age about a trillion years ago made the falls...but, to God be the glory, I know better :-) My digital camera isn't that great...if you have any recommendations for a new camera please let me know.

Altogether, I think everyone should come here at least once in their life (here and Washington D.C.) Here is my advice though...come in the summer time and stay on the Canadian side...it's a lot nicer than the U.S. side. (bring your birth certificate or passport though to get back and forth with less hassle).

6 comments:

Jeffo said...

I recommend the Canon Power Shot SD900

We bought one just a few days ago and I'm still learning how to use it.

Dana said...

I think the pictures are very lovely. Thank you for posting them. They are a only a small demonstration of how huge God is.

MeteoMatt said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! I think they look great. I've seen the falls a couple of times, but never during the winter. That frozen mist looks beautiful! Enjoy your time there!

As for cameras, I've been really happy with the Olympus UltraZoom. I've had both the C700 and C765... I especially love the 10X optical zoom.

MadMup said...

I agree with you that everyone should see Niagara Falls at least once in their life. I took your advice years ago and saw them in the summer, but these nighttime winter shots look incredible.

Anonymous said...

that's beautiful! I've been there...but I agree with Mup...very cool - night winter shot!

Jeremiah said...

Actually i think that the pics are pretty good! It is amazing to be there...and if you go...do do the canadian side! Their gardens are beautiful!

Jeremiah