Saturday, May 05, 2007

What Wal-Mart Doesn't Sell

So (Isn't it amazing how easy it is to start a story with "so") so I was at Wal-mart last night. It was one of those Super-mega-take-over-the-world Wal-mart's where they have their own car dealership, Wal-mart bank, sell gas, a nice park area with a water slide for picnics and summer fun, and get your oil changed Wal-mart's. Well actually some of that is not true...but it's just a matter of time until they do. The oil change part IS true. And as you may know I'm driving a ton now (i.e. 3000 mi. per month) and it's been almost 2 months since I've had time to get my oil changed which brings me to Wal-mart to buy oil change supplies and check out their Oil and Lube Dept. hours of operation (hoping they're open until really late or open early). And while I'm there I'm thinking to myself...what else do I need while I'm here...I'm at Wal-mart...they have everything...If I can think of it, I can get it here. OH! I said to myself...I know what I need...where can I find more time (not thyme as in the spice) but time. I looked they don't sell it! I could use just a little, like a couple hours even. How much does two hours cost? It doesn't matter because you can't buy it...not even at Wal-mart.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Let me know if you find out how to buy more time!

Unknown said...

When you have time, tell me when you want to play tennis. I am ready just give me a day.

TENNIS CHAMP

M. Kate said...

Good one Jason, laughs and wisdom, you're your own "one stop shop" I'll just call you....

Jay-mart.

Sarah said...

I think you need to try Greatland Target....it will probably have it. That store is so much better than any supercenter!~ :-)
When do we get to see you again?! Now that "it's official", I expect to see you along for the Watertown trips!