Friday, May 11, 2007

Little Red Wagon Update 1

Funny story to update everyone on my little red wagon getting pummeled by the semi mud-flap...Last Saturday (after going to Wal-mart to purchase oil change supplies the night before) I went there to have my oil changed. Apparently Saturday is a busy time for TLE (as it turns out that's what Wal-mart employees call their car shop [e.i. Tire and Lube Express]) so busy that they have the parking lot area around TLE roped off so you have to go past the guy to get "checked in", kind of like at a Mike's Car Wash. I wait in line and finally get up to talk to the kid and the first thing he says is..."Sir, did you know that a piece of the front end of your car is missing?" (I'll just let that sink in for sec.)

So then I laugh and say "Yes, I know." And I'm thinking...why would he feel he has to tell me this? Is he going to offer to fix it as a part of getting my oil change...like he's going to "up-sale" me to the auto-body repair option! Anyway, I have more to share...the story is not over yet but it will have to wait...

2 comments:

The Rock Star said...

Just a thought: I hope your driver's side window works(ed) because Wal-Mart will not work on your car if it is broken. Though... Jiffy Lube will!! :) The one on 26 has QUICK service during the week.

M. Kate said...

would you like fries with that or a nice new fog light perhaps?