Sunday, May 13, 2007

There Are Real People Working at Wal-mart

a.k.a Little Red Wagon - Part 3 of 4

I would really like to get past this whole mud flap ordeal but apparently that is harder than it seems. So when the Wal-mart TLE finished changing the oil on my car they called my name over the P.A. system. Except for the nice lady doing the announcement stopped in the middle of her P.A. address when while speaking into the phone, turned around and saw me there looking right at her. I have to admit I enjoyed that. Anyway, she says "That will be $12.21 please." I grab for my wallet and it's not there...It's not in my car either. I did have a check book but w/ no ID so they wouldn't take that. They already changed my oil so what are we to do? They let me go and said come back tomorrow! I couldn't believe it...the Wal-mart people had a heart...they trusted me, no stings attached, to come back the next day and pay for my oil change. I'm not sure what your experiences have been recently with the Wal-mart robot-like employees but mine have been positive and I'm starting to think that some of them may possess higher communication skills and compassion than I have thought for years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. Kate said...

I'm still not going...but nice of you to give the oil people the props they deserve.

Of course, the fact that they daily rip millions of employees off, keeping them well below a living wage probably gives them the budgetary wiggle room to eat a 12 dollar oil change or two.

Anonymous said...

Jason, glad that you are on the turning bend of liking...or somewhat liking Wal-Mart.

M-Kate - no one forces the employees to work there...and if someone does aspire grow up and work at Wal-Mart as a career, that person should hope to be more than a cashier...Wal-Mart was built on great principles...as a capitalist and REPUBLICAN I SUPPORT WAL-MART! :)

Sarah said...

AAAAAA-MEN, sista G!!!! I am sorry, but even if they had defenseless children running the place, I believe I would still shop there.... I can't afford not to. :-) JK everyone,but it is a great place.
And Jason, what kind of cheap oil change did you get that only cost $12.21??? I do not think ours carries such a penny-pinching oil change.....

Xed said...

It's nice to see that I'm not the only nice technician out there.
Though the "robot-like" comment stings a little. If your management was as incompetent as mine you would also be quite robot like yourself :)

We work hard out there, and yes we sometimes make mistakes, people tend to do that.But more mistakes come with bad sub par equipment.

Working at a TLE is a good way to get some decent experience, but after 2 years of wal-marts treatment, I am currently looking at car dealerships(but let me tell you, just because its a dealership doesn't mean its perfect, I had a dealership intall a 1700 dollar clutch in my VW, and they put it in backwards, so it isn't the place you get the work done, its the people doing the work ;)

Peace