Thursday, October 26, 2006

You Be The Doctor!

I think I may have broken my toe yesterday morning but I need you to be the judge. I've never, to my knowledge, had a broken bone so it's hard for me to tell what exactly is going on. Have you seen on TV recently the commercials for WebMD? I went to them to do a self diagnosis. Though "they" recommend that one gets an X-ray...I think I'll pass for now. However, here are the symptoms of a broken toe according to WebMD...

Symptoms of a broken toe may include:
- A snap or pop at the time of the injury.
- Pain, swelling, and bruising.
- Possible deformity (not just swelling), such as a toe pointing in the wrong direction. A dislocated toe can also look deformed.
- Decreased movement or movement that causes pain.

(me again)...So it's a yes, yes, no, and yes to those symptoms (3 of 4). I really don't think its broke in two...but something is for sure wrong.

I don't need a cast and I understand (according to WebMD) that what I really need to do is "use the buddy system" and tape the toe in question up with a good toe with some padding between them. But my main concern right now is that nothing touch that area of my foot as it very tender. Get well cards and gifts can be sent to my home address ;-P Maybe I need some of that AFLAC insurance...I'll have to ask my employer about it (hahaha!) I really think I need a second opinion...If you would like to take a look for yourself I took a picture with my phone (scroll down to see). What do you think?
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwww! sick, jason.

Gretchen said...

it is very funny that you took a picture of your TOE! YUCK!

Hope it gets better.

Sarah said...

First of all, I find it repulsive that you snapped a picture of your toe.
Secondly, I think there is a HIGH likelihood that your toe is broken--I have not seen anything so painful looking in awhile.

Thirdly, your card is in the mail....um, yah--just keep watching for it.....and make sure you drink lots of chicken soup. It works for other ailments.