Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ginger Ale?

equals

??


What on earth? We've all seen it...you're on a airplane, the Flight Attendant comes down the isle and asks if you'd like anything to drink, right? An all TOO common response, "Ummm, do you have Ginger Ale?" 1) Yes, of course they have Ginger Ale available - because in a airplane seems to be the only place anyone ever dinks it. and 2) Why?

Name the last time you were at a get together and the host had provided, or someone had brought, Ginger Ale? Name the last time you saw Ginger Ale on tap at McD's or BK? Name the last time you walked up to a pop machine and for $1 you could push the button for a Ginger Ale? Name the last time you were really thirsty and thought to yourself..."Wow, a nice Ginger Ale would really hit the spot!"

So if 00.1% of all mankind drinks Ginger Ale off a plane, why does 40% of mankind drink it on a plane?

Ok, I'm done ;-)

11 comments:

Daizie Girl said...

settles tummy for those that don't take well to flying??? I kinda like ginger ale - on or of the plane.:)

COURTNEY said...

Growing up, we were never allowed to drink pop, unless we were flying. And of course my parents wouldn't want us to drink caffeine, so we always got Ginger Ale. I drink it now for tradition. (Incidentally, we Blakes also drink it at our get togethers...)

Plus, I've heard it helps with motion sickness. And some magazine I read (marketed to females, of course) said it prevented bloating or swelling.

I like to believe that.

:)

Hayden405 said...

Wow! Who knew ;-) Okay, but, though I know that it may have some function, I'm still going to crack a smile everytime I hear someone order a Ginger Ale on a plane.

Courtney - I'll have one for you and your family this when I go to Raleigh on Thursday!

M. Kate said...

yep, ginger is a natural nausea reducer...learn something everyday right? :)

Hayden405 said...

Oh, great...so what you're saying is that at any given time there are about 10 people all around me on the plane that are getting ready to loose their lunch? I bet if one goes, they all go!!

M. Kate said...

Not necessarily, just trying to be proactive!

M. Kate said...

and...I know what I'm getting you for Christmas this year. :)

Hayden405 said...

A case of Ginger Ale? A "loose your lunch" bag? A bottle of ginger tablets? I give up. :-)

Hayden405 said...

So I had the Ginger Ale on the way home last night. It was ok. I'm thinking there isn't any real ginger in today's "Ginger Ale?"

MadMup said...

My dad says the best ginger ale you can have is Vernor's, which is kind of hard to find outside Michigan. Give it a try some time in your many travels. I always thought it was a bit strong, and there for a while I actually drank Canada Dry regularly.

COURTNEY said...

I want Ginger Ale right now...