Thursday, November 13, 2008

Um, Seriously?



This could be among the worst Christmas decorations I've ever seen! So terrible, I thought it was a bad joke...it's for real though. Some of you that read this blog may have seen the same ad. The ad reads"

Let Your "Light" Shine For Christ This Christmas Season!

"Looking for an effective way to express your Christian faith this Christmas season to honor our Lord Jesus? Now you can.... with the "Original Christmas Cross" yard decoration.

Light up your front yard, porch, patio, driveway, business, organization or church this holiday season with a stunning Christmas cross."

Maybe the idea looked good on paper but in real life?? I'm thinking this is not the most effective way to let your light shine for Jesus! You won't see this cross "burning" outside my apartment this Christmas! ;-P

I'm not the only one thinking this decoration is a bad idea. The website has a "rate this product" section. Below is a paste of a rating I wanted to share...

Product Rating: (2.60) # of Ratings: 5 (Only registered customers can rate)

Zach on 11/13/2008, said: "This is not an effective way to share the message of Christmas! Several of my friends have commented on how this cross is reminiscent of the KKK since it has the appearance of being on fire when lit. I would suggest a nativity scene instead. As always, the best display of Christ during the Christmas season is our love for one another and our care for those in need. Want to portray Christ this Christmas? Give of your time and money to someone in need (sick, elderly, homeless, etc.) I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. God bless."

btw...Sams Club is playing their Christmas music already, though it's still a little early for me!

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Yeah, I agree. I originally thought the cross was on fire! I wonder how many they will sell! lol. I think I will pass on this one!

BTW...Walmart has been playing christmas music pretty much right after Halloween!