Monday, November 10, 2008

Take Two! But Not Twenty Six Point Two!


I've signed up for the Indy 500 mini marathon, for the second time in the past several years. The first year I ended up having to work the day of the race, but was able to sell my registration to someone else. I'm trying it again! They are projecting over 40,000 runners to take part that day. I'm on the list now to get the newsletter. Um, woot? I've copied and pasted below. Seriously though, I'm fired up! Who else is in?

10/31/08

Jason Hayden
Thank you for registering for the 2009 500 Festival Races (Mini-Marathon, 5K, Training Series, and Team Challenge) Entry. Your Registration is confirmed, and you may use this email as your Registration Confirmation.

The Mini-Marathon Field Over 60% Full! Online registration for the 2009 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and Finish Line 500 Festival 5K has been open since May 3 and the field is already over 60% full. Over 21,000 people from 47 states and 8 countries have registered. The OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon, the nation’s largest half-marathon, is scheduled for May 2, 2009.

No comments: