Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Can Dance...

I know it's late but I want to blog while the thoughts and emotions are still fresh...

God used a situation, a small trail if you will, at a good friends house to point out some areas in which He would like for me to grow. For which I'm trying to consider it pure joy...at least it is my goal.

Please let me share so that I may be more open and transparent, for I want to live in such a way to hide nothing and to be blameless.

1) Though my heart was in the right place and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I knew what to do...I failed to communicate effectively my thoughts and plans...and then when I realized that the situation was slipping out of control...I failed to act right away due to my own pride. It was like when I see a stranded vehicle on the roadside and instead of stopping and offering assistance I just fly right by, changing lanes if possible to give them more room (or is it to justify my actions by putting distance between me and the situation - Look they're way over there someone else will surly help them) Story sound familiar?

2) When I get nervous I start to stutter a bit and ramble, in that I have a hard time being direct and confrontational. Sometimes I need to be direct and not dance around an issue (I go to a baptist church and I still dance...around issues).

I try to do and act upon the right things...I just mess up sometimes. With trials brings persistence. [the only time you really fail is if you stop trying] I'm going to try to do better at communicating and putting my pride to death.

4 comments:

M. Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey JH,

Better at a friends house, (a friend that understands and struggles with EXACTLY the same thing), than a place where no one gets it.

Pure motives can't be faulted. Remember that. Praying for you

Gretchen said...

Jason,

Is it safe for me to write you about this now? I was unsure about the Friday night visit (last week) all the way up to the last minute, thanks to the way the scheduling works at Pottery Barn Kids. I tried to call you back and I thought a female voice answered, or was speaking whenever you answered, so I was afraid it was G-girl, and I hung up. MY WORD! Sorry to make everything so COMPLICATED.

I would have thoroughly LOVED to come for a visit, but perhaps next time. I am sorry, and thanks so much for calling and inviting me! :)

Unknown said...

J,

I enjoyed your blog. I have to admit when you told me you like to ride I thought you ment bicyles not motorcycles. It wasn't until I checked out your blog that I realized my wrong interpretation. I laughed. ;-)