Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Former Jr. Higher Killed in Iraq

I got word today that one of my former Jr. High wrestlers was killed in Iraq. Joey Strong was his name. I remember coaching him and watching him grow into a fine young wrestler. He was a hard worker and he had God given athletic ability. Please be praying for his family during this trial!

I hear virtually everyday of American Soldiers being killed in the war, odd how I've come to expect it, even more odd...no sinful really, of how hardened to the death of someone's husband / son / brother / friend, I realize now I've become. Now, for the first time since March of 2003, the start of the war, the death has hit closer to home than I'm used to, and my eyes have been opened. My heart and prayers go out to his family and close friends. Please be lifting them up in your prayers as well. I'm unsure of their or his spiritual condition(s), which for me actually makes it a little harder, not knowing...but God knows.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry...I'll be praying for you and the family...

Sarah said...

Josh's brother is in Iraq right now, with the Marines--so we are very aware of the brevity of life when over there. It is sobering, but also a great opportunity to trust God completely. He is the One Who knows the future and we can trust that He does what is best.
Praying for the family of that kid. I cannot imagine (or I try not to...)

Hayden405 said...

Thank you guys for your prayers! They mean a lot.