Monday, August 06, 2007

Needs More Love (and Cow Bell)

I realize this post (though short in length) is also short on love and heavy on the truth. I just need a slap in the face from time to time to help me snap out of it. And...I am the chief amongst sinners in this regard so I am writing this to myself as much as anyone else. If, however, you think this is being written to you........................................................................................then it is.
















Comparison kills contentment - so it's not okay and just stop!



Don't take my word...take God's. Here are some verses, just for starters....

Psalm 23 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

Exodus 20:17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

12 comments:

MadMup said...

Thanks for this reminder, J - you're not the only one! So often I'll find myself thinking, "If I only had _________" or "If I had so-and-so's abilities (or job, or money, or ______."

Nothing will make you miserable like wanting what you don't have.

Thanks for the reminder and hang in there, brother!

M. Kate said...

AMEN, love you Bro. J.

Anonymous said...

Yea! new post! I agree totally with that quote...it sounds very familiar!! :) Hope you are enjoying the training!! come back soon and safe!

Hayden405 said...

Thank you for the encouragement- I wish I was as smart as you...(See I still have a long way to go) Also, does no one get the cow bell joke?

M. Kate said...

OF COURSE I GOT THE COW BELL JOKE, COMMON ON! :)

Miss you at the house this week :(

MadMup said...

Yeah, I was gonna say - who wouldn't get the cowbell reference??

Petey said...

guess what! I've got a fever and the only cure is more cow bell!

Hayden405 said...

Well...that's answers that question ;-) What the world needs 1) Jesus and 2) More Cow bell.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PILVkA0MY

Anonymous said...

The above comment contains the link to the "Needs More Cow Bell" SNL skit. hilarious...

Hayden405 said...

That is even funnier that I remembered...thanks Gknee for posting that. Very helpful!

Kristi said...

Jason - I must admit, I am a lurker - I check your blog - but just never left a comment.
As for the comparisons, the Holy Spirit is gracious enough to give me a smack down like Christ gave Peter one at the end of the book of John. I need the reminder!!